at the forefront of research and technology
With our many years of experience in automation, manufacturing and software we are leaders and shapers of the production of the future. We are actively looking for collaboration with education and research to continue improving and always stay up to date with research and technology. Be a part of it! We are always looking for dedicated students and undergraduates that want to work on high-tech production of the future along with us.
UNIVERSITIES / UNIVERSITIES OF APPLIED SCIENCE
- Joint thesis, Bachelor's thesis, Master’s thesis, dissertation
- Application for advertised topic or own proposal
- Requirement: Application letter with curriculum vitae / higher school certificate / if already completed, the bachelor's certificate along with confirmation of enrollment of the current semester
- Finalization of conditions on contractual basis incl. confidentiality agreement
- Joint thesis (final project)
- Application for advertised topic
- Requirement: Application with curriculum vitae / certificate of 3. Grade (until 12/15 of the previous year) / confirmation school administration about project contents in the curriculum
- Start usually in the course of the 1. HY of the 5. grade / cooperation via traineeship contract (with compensation of any expenses and incl. confidentiality agreement)
STIWA also offers students the opportunity to gain valuable work experience through Internships. Vacation internships are possible at all Austrian locations in Attnang-Puchheim, Hagenberg and Gampern.
- HAK, HTL, Gymnasium from 10th grade onwards
- Letter of application with curriculum vitae
- Deadline: December 15 of the current year
- Assignment in January of the following year
Open topics for
Universities / Universities of applied science
Our control station software ZPoint-Cl represents the connecting link between the IT infrastructure of the planning level (ERP systems) and the machine level.
The IT infrastructure of the planning level varies from customer to customer. To connect them with one another, certain interfaces are necessary. Customer-specific extensions of the control station software are created that extract data from other systems, transform them if necessary and pass them on to the other system. These extensions are implemented as an additional software product.
It has to be analyzed which technologies/frameworks provide a connection as a modular. Thereby a configuration should be facilitated in the future.
The following activities have to be carried out:
- Requirements engineering
- Evaluation which technologies support the requirements and processes in the beast way possible
- Conception of a solution and technology selection
- Proof of Concept, to evaluate solution/technology
- Connections to ERP systems should be possible in modular design
- From individual systems data should be extracted/transformed and forwarded to the system
- A connection of our control station software to an ERP system should be able to be configured with as little implementation activity
The optimal usage of existing resources takes a lot of effort today. A lot of IT systems run on low utilization, the available resources can not be used optimally. The goal of this thesis is to efficiently utilize these resources via a
GRID computing cluster.
The following activities have to be performed in the scope of the project:
- Grid computing cluster basics
- Mesh-networking with focus on security
- Services executable in container (Docker) and native (Windows, Linux), preferably Net 5
- Autom. distribution across available resources
- Comparison with current Eu projects Pledger and Decenter
- Development of executable product types
Open topics for
STIWA building automation regulates the entire distribution of the warming and cooling energy needed in a building and during production. This is how e.g. the waste heat from production machines is used for heating other parts of the building. To use the waste heat from machines for heating the entire building, the temperature of the cooling water has to be increased. This is carried out via multiple large industrial heat pumps with over 100kW power each. Our power stations consistently provide required heat flow volumes as well as cooling energies according to the demand. Sometimes the heat pumps are only switched on briefly.
- Heat pumps have a minimum runtime until they are switched on. During this time, the provided power has to be used even though it is not needed.
- Individual heat pumps are switched on due to strict limits. Short temperature fluctuations could therefore lead to the requirement of an additional heat pump.
- Subsequently the heat pumps are switched on more often then actually needed. Frequent starting shortens the service life of the heat pumps.
Tasks & goals
- The goal is to develop a Fuzzy-Controller, that enables cascade control of multiple heat pumps.
- The design of the Fuzzy-Controller has to be documented so that the regulation can be programmed.
- The function of the Fuzzy-Controller has to be simulated in Excel.