Main module H8 Machining
Whether turning, milling, drilling or grinding: Cutting technicians process materials like steel and light metals via computerized machine tools, that they program and operate themselves.
In doing so they manufacture precision components while being mindful of accuracy and diligence.
Your strengths and interests
- Interest in materials and various processing technologies
- Skilled craftsmanship and keen perception
- Enjoyment in working with computerized machines
- Willingness to work in shift operation after your training
Your tasks as a cutting technician at STIWA
- You take on design material and read plans by yourself.
- You create machine programs and plan exact work processes.
- You create precision components and actively monitor all production processes.
- You take quality measurements of self-made or purchased parts.
- The running manufacture is optimized by you.
- You expand your know-how in production planning and production control within a parts manufacturing.
- After completing your training, you manufacture essential components independently for assembly systems, cutting and molding tools on modern, computerized machines.
Highlights of your training
FIRST YEAR OF APPRENTICESHIP
- Basic skills in manual materials processing
- Milling and turning on conventional machines
- Basic knowledge of quality assurance
SECOND YEAR OF APPRENTICESHIP
- Processing of workpieces at CNC manufacturing machines
- Production of STIWA parts
- Participation at the apprentice competition
THIRD YEAR OF APPRENTICESHIP
- Working and programming on high-precision machine tools
- Handling with the corresponding programming tools (CAD/CAM)
- Getting to know some areas in a parts manufacturing: 5-axis milling, CNC-turning, milling, eroding, CAM-programming
FOURTH YEAR OF APPRENTICESHIP
- Fine-tuning of learned skills
- Preparation for the final apprenticeship examination
Our repeatedly awarded in-house training center in Attnang-Puchheim, that has high-tech machinery and over 30 instructors that train our future qualified employees, allows you to receive top training in a dynamic, high-tech environment which is always cutting edge!Claudia Lindenbauer