Main module H1 Mechanical engineering
Mechanical engineers produce machine and machine components.
Your field of activity ranges from planning to assembly and start-up as well as repair. They ensure a trouble-free operation of the machines and therefore avoid cost intensive failures.
Your strengths and interests
- Keen perception
- Technical and skilled craftsmanship
- Precise and conscientious working method
- Joy in utilizing computer programs
- High willingness to learn
- Great imaginative power from work and production sequences
Your tasks as a mechanical engineer at STIWA
- You assemble and start-up complex manufacturing device.
- In doing so you work with state-of-the-art, computerized production and assembly systems.
- By maintaining and servicing production machines nationally and abroad, you avoid malfunctions or failures. You look for mistakes, faults and malfunctions, then locate and eliminate them.
- You build spare parts and machine construction elements and adjust the functions.
- You manufacture feeding systems and put them into operation.
- Due to your excellent training, various technical fields are available for you to specialize in.
Highlights of your training
FIRST YEAR OF APPRENTICESHIP
- Basic skills in materials processing, from manufacture by hand to manufacture with CNC-controlled machine tools
SECOND YEAR OF APPRENTICESHIP
- Basics of computer-aided drawing (CAD)
- Basic training in mechanics, systems engineering and CNC manufacturing as well as electrical and control engineering
- Structure of mechanical individual components to assembly groups up to modules.
- Via a small project, you are given an understanding of processes in the field of project management and construction.
THIRD YEAR OF APPRENTICESHIP
- Basics in mechatronics as well as the structure of modules and assembly systems
- Realization of first small projects in production areas
FOURTH YEAR OF APPRENTICESHIP
- Customer specific requirements (products, processes, special designs)
- Start-up and optimization of constructed tools or machines
Our repeatedly awarded in-house training center in Attnang-Puchheim, that has high-tech machinery and over 30 instructors that train our future qualified employees, allows you to receive top training in a dynamic, high-tech environment which is always cutting edge!Claudia Lindenbauer